Each Year Friends of Abbey Fields arrange a number of events which are open to members of Friends of Abbey Fields as well as the residents of Kenilworth. Some of these events bring a focus on some of the important and lesser well known Natural History aspects of Abbey Fields: Birds, Bats, Trees and Meadows. Other events will include some of the maintenance activities, which are so important to helping keep Abbey Fields a pleasant and interesting place for children and adults alike. Where we can we will also provide information about events which, although not organised by Friends of Abbey Fields, are directly or indirectly associated with Abbey Fields.
As well as the events shown below, at half term we hold events such as Scarecrow Building for children -of all ages. Details will be published as soon as we have them
We anticipate that in 2018 Abbey Fields will be used by The Funfair, Kenilworth Arts Festival and The Lions. Again, details will be published as soon as we have them.
Events planned for 2018
– We had our first Litter Pick on Saturday, 7th April 2018. Please see here for details
– The Bird Walk was on Sunday 29 April. Please see here for details
– We had our second Litter Pick on Saturday, 5th May 2018. Please see here for details
– We had our third Litter Pick on Saturday, 2nd June 2018. Please see here for details
– We had our first “Balsam Bash” on Saturday, 2nd June 2018. Please see here for details
– The Meadow Walk was on Saturday, 30th June 2018
– The Bat Walk was on Wednesday 4th July 2018
– We had our fourth Litter Pick on Saturday, 7th July. Please see here for details
– We had our second “Balsam Bash” on Saturday, 7th July 2018. Please see here for details
Events to be completed:
Wednesday, 25th July 2018 at 7:30 p.m. Annual General Meeting.
|To be held at:
Kenilworth Senior Citizens Club
Saturday, 4th August 2018 Fifth Litter Pick Please see here for details
Details of our next Himalayan Balsam bash to be Advised
Friday, 10th August 2018 at 9.00 p.m. Moth Evening
|This will be led by David Brown – County Moth Recorder.
Meet in St Nicholas car park, Abbey Fields, Kenilworth.
|David Brown, the County Moth Recorder, will bring some of his moth traps so that we will be able to see some of the many varieties of moths which can be found in Abbey Fields. It is surprising what lovely colours are displayed by these little creatures. Be assured, the moths are attracted to the lights of the moth traps – but even if they do happen to come close to you they will not hurt you. Everyone is welcome to join us at this interesting evening.
Don’t forget to bring something warm to wear as it does get quite cool later on and don’t forget to bring your torch.
Saturday, 01 September 2018 Sixth Litter Pick Please see here for details
Saturday, 06 October 2018 Seventh and final Litter Pick Please see here for details