Each Year Friends of Abbey Fields arrange a number of events which are open to members of Friends of Abbey Fields as well as the residents of Kenilworth. Some of these events bring a focus on some of the important and lesser well known Natural History aspects of Abbey Fields: Birds, Bats, Trees and Meadows. Other events will include some of the maintenance activities, which are so important to helping keep Abbey Fields a pleasant and interesting place for children and adults alike. Where we can we will also provide information about events which, although not organised by Friends of Abbey Fields, are directly or indirectly associated with Abbey Fields.
As well as the events shown below, at half term we hold events such as Scarecrow Building for children -of all ages. Details will be published as soon as we have them
We anticipate that in 2018 Abbey Fields will be used by The Funfair, Kenilworth Arts Festival and The Lions. Again, details will be published as soon as we have them.
Events planned for 2018
Completed Events: (Please see below for Events to be completed)
– We had our first Litter Pick on Saturday, 7th April 2018. Please see here for details
– The Bird Walk was on Sunday 29th April. Please see here for details
– We had our second Litter Pick on Saturday, 5th May 2018. Please see here for details
– We had our third Litter Pick on Saturday, 2nd June 2018. Please see here for details
– We had our first “Balsam Bash” on Saturday, 2nd June 2018. Please see here for details
– The Meadow Walk was on Saturday, 30th June 2018. Please see here for details
– The Bat Walk was on Wednesday 4th July 2018. Please see here for details
– We had our fourth Litter Pick on Saturday, 7th July. Please see here for details
– We had our second “Balsam Bash” on Saturday, 7th July. Please see here for details
– Our AGM took place on Wednesday, 25th July
– We had our fifth Litter Pick and also our third “Balsam Bash” on Saturday 4th August
– Our Moth evening on 10th August 2018 was completed successfully. Please see here for details
– We had our sixth Litter Pick on Saturday, 1st September. Please see here for details
Events to be completed:
Saturday, 08 September 2018 at 10:00 a.m. World War 1 Walk
|Start and finish at Kenilworth War Memorial
Junction of Abbey Hill & Abbey End. CV8 1BP.
|A guided circular walk with two local historians and a WW1 re-enactor from Kenilworth War Memorial, taking in Bridge Street, High Street and Abbey Fields, with a stop at the former Red Cross Hospital, in the Parochial Hall, for refreshments.
Hear the stories and see the homes of servicemen and buildings that were put to wartime use, and visit the graves of some of those who died.
Contact details – Walk must be prebooked. To book call 01926-856728 or 01926-511612
Saturday, 14 September – We had hoped to have Robin Leach give his talk on “The complete history of the Abbey Fields” at our AGM, but time constraints prevented that. He will be giving his talk on September 14th and you can find full details here
Saturday, 06 October 2018 Seventh and final Litter Pick Please see here for details